Welcome on the site of Geoffrey De Belie! I was born on April 16, 1995. I live in Belgium, in a town called Sint-Niklaas.
At school, I study applied computer science. I'm often online on Wikipedia and IRC (Freenode), where I have my own chatroom. I can understand English, German, Dutch, French and Afrikaans.
WebsitesI made some websites, using HTML 5, CSS 3 and PHP:
- Hugsmile.eu (personal website)
- DBRF.eu (radio devices, including a license free radio relay)
- CanalInter.be (French speaking radio)
SoftwareI created and adapted some computer applications. I know C#, Visual Basic, Java and Gambas well. Examples:
- VLC Lyrics Finder (multiplatform), get lyrics for the current song in VLC Media Player
- ChatZilla for #hugsmile (for Windows), an user friendly version of ChatZilla Portable (adapted binary version)
- A program for Windows to calculate high factorials. Requires .NET Framework 4.0. Download (Visual Basic)
- WikiList (for Linux) - generates and filters MediaWiki lists from LinkSearch and WhatLinksHere results. Lists can be saved for import in AutoWikiBrowser. (Gambas)
- Text2SRT (for Linux) - subtitle music videos and movies (Gambas)
- Fast Delete - remove pages quicker on MediaWiki wikis
- Get Archive - quickly obtain archive copies of dead links
- Scrollkey - scroll down and up in VIM style
- Multi Links Plus - open multiple links at once in new tabs
User styles and scriptsBelow user styles and scripts are compatible with Firefox, Chrome and other browsers. You can see an overview of my user styles on userstyles.org.
- Techradar: clean white
- Remove Wikipedia fundraising banner
- Remove Wikipedia central notice
- Pusheen style for Facebook
- FastNav - quickly navigate pages using n and p
- Firepatrol - mark revisions on Wikipedia as approved
Tools and tests
ProjectsI participate to several projects on the Internet. Nicknames I use include Smile4ever, computergeoffrey and smile.
- Smile4ever on Wikipedia (writing articles, fixing dead links)
- Smile4ever on Wikibooks (writing and improving online books)
- Commons, Wiktionary, Wikitravel (not a Wikimedia project but very similar), MediaWiki, stalk me even more
And the following (free) software projects: